Thursday, December 9, 2010

This guy, My brother-in-law Jerry, was a major contributer to the entire trip. He just had to pay for everything every time we stopped.

He also had to draw crowds of people who wanted to bug him about the Buckeyes every time we stopped. I think people where calling ahead warning each other about this "Big Buckeye" that was on his way.

What a pleasure it was to have company like him on my first big cross country excursion, and we will be doing this again as often as I can pull him and my sister away from Grand Lake St Marys for vacation away from their vacation.







Now this is my sister Jane, who made sure all the details where covered every day of the trip. Jerry and I did not miss a pill, always had snacks and drinks supplied and kept fresh in the cockpit and co-pilot seat.

She would study all the maps, and the many books we had along to make sure we didn't miss a site along the way. We turned the Lazy Boy around to face the front so she could keep us aware of where we where and where we where going. Now she is a "Traveling Lady", and welcome anytime, going anywhere. What a pair.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Love these two companions of yours, Dad! Loving, generous, loyal, and the most amazing "Sorry" players----Josie is now certain the world revolves around her! She is so lucky to have such amazing memories, spending time with her great aunt & uncle. I'm prepared to have all of you visit at the drop of a hat (or should that be 'at the delivery of a borrowed queen size bed?)!

    ReplyDelete