Sunday, October 31, 2010

What's this Blog about?


Well, it's time to start learning how to use this Blog to track my escapades as a "Full Timer" camping enthusiast. I am moving out of a house in Columbus Ohio, and into a Motorhome that will be "out and about" the USA and Canada. Not sure about Mexico just yet, but it could happen if I run out of warm areas to spend the winters in my own country.

I started this process about a year and a half ago by starting to downsize from my home. I needed figure out what to get rid of, and what to fit in the motorhome. That quickly became a nightmare that never seemed to end.

I had lot's of help from friends who encouraged me to Sell, donate, or give away 12 plus years of collections. Even now I still have a garage 3/4 full of "STUFF", and I'm leaving Columbus around Nov 12th.

I've attempted to sell the house for the last six months, but now is not the time to sell. The economy is just wrong, so for now I'm still a home owner. I have found a new friend to watch over the place while I'm gone. The "Big" home will have the same kind of love and attention I gave it on a daily basis, while I and the "little" home will be motoring across country.

The snow you see in the above picture would cover my Train yard hobby during the winters in Ohio. I'll try to keep you aware of where I am in future winters, and what me new hobbies may be, via this blog.


5 comments:

  1. SO excited that your dream is ready to begin...two more weeks at Lowe's with your "work family" where I know you will be missed. I told Josie yesterday that you'll soon be motoring around and she said, "Yay! That means he's coming to see us soon! We better get his room ready, Mom!" Contratulations, Dad!!! Looking forward to reading about your travels & getting a glimpse of the people you'll meet and the places you'll be visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dad,
    I am so excited for you and can't wait to hear all about your adventures and hear where we should go next!
    We are so happy for you and love you!
    julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dad,

    I am so excited for you to get started on your great travel adventure! I am sure you will have a wonderful time seeing new places and meeting new friends. We have plenty of room for you to park the "little house" on our driveway and a spare bedroom ready for you.


    We love you!

    Kevin, Lynne, Jordyn, & Brady

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally cool! We're going to be doing the same next year! Keep up the blog! I'm hooked!
    Marilyn Harper

    ReplyDelete
  5. Come visit us in New Jersey...spens some time with alpacas! We have plenty of room for you and your new home!

    Denise and Mitch (friends of Lori)

    ReplyDelete