Tuesday, December 7, 2010


I'm still a little behind on my Blog, but thanks to a little help from my daughter Lori, I can now download pictures.

I mentioned is my last post that my sister and brother-in-law Jane and Jerry where going along. This is a picture of the three of us, and Jane is pointing to a largly empty map of the USA that we intend to start filling up as we camp across the country. As you can see, we are well "coated" as it was 29 degrees when we left Columbus.






Here you can see my car that we are dragging behind us on a dolly. Our "Rig" is 29 ft long, with the scooter on the ramp behind it, and the car hooked to the ramp.

We left J&J's car at Thrifty airport parking. They will be flying back to Columbus after our trip, plus a few days.

This was Tuesday morning, Dec 7th about 11:00 AM. Finally, after many years of dreaming this show is on the road.

Jane has already been busy cleaning the inside of this camper, so when she gets it presentable I'll take some shots of the inside and include them in future blogs.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. I love the map on the RV so you can keep track of all of the places you'll be traveling! I hope my tips for uploading and typing text seemed easier. I love your new Blog Lay out, too! The geese migrating seems very symbolic and remind me of Grandma Severt. You're going to be a master of the blog if you keep this up! I'll be getting lessons from you by the time you arrive. Drive safe! Hope to see a new post tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful way to start your DREAM!

    Safe Travels,

    We love you - Kevin, Lynne, Jordyn, & Brady

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful! Doug and I have been upgrading our VW camper in anticipation of long weeks on the road. You are an inspiration! And how very wonderful that Josie's Christmas wish will come true.
    Marilyn Harper

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy for you Dad. I am thrilled that Jane and Jerry are with you on your first big adventure. Take lots of pictures and take notes about where we must visit. I love you!

    ReplyDelete